There is never a reason to turn QRQ off. It improves the sound of the sidetone
when QSK is
on at any speed, although it doesn't make much difference in the transmitted
signals below
about 33 wpm. It is automatically off when the K3 can't support it, which is
when you are
in SPLIT or have RIT or XIT on.

The ability to turn it off is a vestige of the initial pre-beta implementation,
when it
needed to be turned off in order to use SPLIT/XIT/RIT. But Wayne made it
automatic, so
this is not required. It's possible that he will remove the switch.

On 5/19/2012 10:17 AM, Fred Jensen wrote:
> On 5/19/2012 9:17 AM, Dale Boresz wrote:
>> Hello Fred,
>>
>> That "+" symbol indicates that QRQ is ON. You can turn it ON or OFF via
>> the Config menu option "CW QRQ"
>
> Thank you Dale!  I vaguely recall the long list thread on "CW QRQ."  I
> rarely send above 25 WPM except in contests when I have to grab the
> paddle.  I generally run N1MM/Winkey at 28-30 WPM in contests and it
> asserts PTT so I'm not QSK.  I turned the QRQ off but can't tell the
> difference.
>
> I'll add it to the "List Of Icons I Know About Now."
>
> 73,
>
> Fred K6DGW
> - Northern California Contest Club
> - CU in the 2012 Cal QSO Party 6-7 Oct 2012
> - www.cqp.org

Vic, K2VCO
Fresno CA
http://www.qsl.net/k2vco