Standby for incoming, Robert.:-)  My suggestion:  Your K3 has two VFO's
and will run them split.  That's what you need for DX.  Without the
subRx, you have to press and hold the REV button to listen on your TX
freq on VFO B in SPLIT.  It reverts to VFO A when you let go.  With the
subRx, you can hear both frequencies, one in each ear if you have all
the stereo stuff set up right.

With the P3, you don't really need to listen to your TX frequency at
all, you can see it at the VFO B cursor in SPLIT.  If you're in the
middle of the biggest part of the pile, it is obvious instantly, so move.

DX Chasing With a P3 and No SubRX:  Find the DX.  If you can't hear him,
find someone else.  If you can copy him, tap A>B.  Then hold it for
SPLIT.  On the P3, the VFO A cursor ["color A"] is on the DX.  VFO B
cursor ["color B"] is on top of it.  Rotate the "Little Knob" and put
VFO B somewhere in the pile, anywhere is OK, it really doesn't matter.
Pile calls DX, DX finally calls someone.  One [if you're fortunate]
signal will pop up.  Put VFO B on that signal.  When DX sends TU, call
him.  It's almost too easy, takes longer to describe it than to get in
the DX station's log. :-)

The subRx has a number of uses, diversity reception being one, and there
are others.  However, your K3 will already "do DX" just fine, and a P3
will change your operating habits [and coefficient of fun] dramatically.
  I bought mine pretty much as a toy.  It's all I watch now.  When S&P
in a contest, I no longer tune with the Big Knob, I use the SELECT knob
on the P3, put MRKR A on each signal and tap the knob.

The various markers and cursors on the P3 are different colors, I don't
have any color vision so I don't know what colors they are, but I don't
have any problem at all operating with the P3.  I do use