Dave,

You have already received some correct answers, but let me try to inject
a bit of generalized information that should allow you to figure this
out in the future for any band and for either LSB or USB.

The K3 will display the (suppressed) carrier frequency.  That means that
USB signals will be higher in frequency than the carrier, so in the
specific case of your question, you will be in the band (assuming the K3
frequency is properly calibrated).  Similarly, LSB signals will be below
the carrier frequency, so if you are operating on 80 meters where your
lower band limit is 3800 kHz, you will be within the general portion of
the band if your VFO is set to 3804 kHz (to be safe).  If you are
absolutely certain your SSB width is 3 kHz or less, then you can go as
low as 3803 kHz.

73,
Don W3FPR