>>"I have only heard good things about MixW. I would not like to program all
the modes they support; I don't think the grey cells could stand it.
Simon Brown"

Simon, maybe you should give MixW a try. I haven't seen the need to "program
all the modes they support". You can make mode specific macros if you want
to but, you can move from mode to mode without really doing anything. The
virtue is that you "can" tailor it to your own needs.

>>"Would you send someone an invoice if you were to spend an afternoon
helping them put up antennas?"

>>"One of the great things about software is that it is written once,
installed a thousand times. As a provider of free software I enjoy putting
something back into the hobby, goodness knows I took enough out while
starting off in 1973/1974."

This is very generous of you. However, you as well as any software designer
know the time and effort that goes into writing and distributing a product
to the consumer. I would be more than willing to spend an afternoon with you
putting up an antenna. I would not have the nerve to ask you to write me
some free software anymore than I would ask you to design and build me a
radio. There are now and have been plenty of creative people that have stuck
their necks out in starting a business within our hobby. I would guess that
this is a difficult way to make a buck and those who do it are entitled to
be rewarded for their efforts.

Tom, ak2b