I did not expect my additional comments on My KAT500 posting to appear on the
Reflector; thought they would be private responses to private e-mails.  Live
and learn.  I do disagree with marketing that raises demands without an
ability to meet the demand for months or years.  I think instant
gratification is what drives Hamfests and much of hobby-buying;  new "toys"
are constantly coming on the market, and I think many of us expect to buy
now what is advertised now.  I understand others are willing to wait and
track and graph KX3 shipments etc. This also raises expectations and
increases demand; nothing to do with quality or technology. It drives sales.
Owning and enjoying K/1, K2, K3, P/3, W2, and the KPA500 I admit to being an
Elecraft fan and await the KAT500. Nevertheless, I do object to marketing
what is not readily available and not providing regular updates on the
status of those products delayed for whatever reason. I know the folks at
Elecraft are busy; no one is THAT busy. 73 Ron KM4VX