The Elecraft web site has a shipping status page that contains all kinds of
useful information about the shipping status of each product and even
components of products.

But, it is missing information about the new items like KX3 and KAT500.  Maybe
Eric can get the time to add these to that shipping status table.  Useful
information would be like for the KAT500, planned shipping date of August 15,
2012.  For the KX3 it might be useful to know the estimated backlog.  Backlog
can be reported in days or weeks to erase the backlog given current estimated
new orders versus the time to process each order.  Indeed, maybe some queueing
theory work can be done.

I think such information regularly updated (I see the current shipping status
page was updated July 19th) would be very good at informing people about the
status of these newer products.

73, phil, K7PEH