APP connectors can be a real pain if not done absolutely
correctly.   I ended up purchasing a ratcheting crimper
from HRO as I could never get just the right force on the
manual one.  It was either too weak and the wire would fall
out when tugged, or I would mash it too hard, and the
contact would not fit in to the plastic housing.   The
ratcheting crimper is first time, every time, at least for
now

73

K1NR