From: Eric Swartz - WA6HHQ, Elecraft <e...@elecraft.com>
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] K3 - Reliability
To: "Jim Harris" <jim.w...@yahoo.com>
Cc: "Elecraft Email" <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Date: Sunday, August 5, 2012, 12:45 AM

Hi Jim,

Wow, this certainly sounds like you have had bad luck. I'd like to personally
apologize to you for the frustration you have felt.

I'm at a loss about your comment about my reaction to your question at Dayton
2011. To be honest its been so long I don't recall the conversation. I do know
that we are usually extremely busy at Dayton, especially when we are setting up
and as the show is about to open. I can only guess that you may have
misunderstood my response (or I misunderstood your question) and I was then
interrupted by someone else, or had to complete an urgent task, which prevented
us from talking further at that point. If I don't have the answer to a support
or technical question at shows, I usually do recommend that support is
contacted again, as they see a lot more K3s than Wayne or I ever will. I also
frequently try to direct people to a specific support engineer when I can
determine if they have better knowledge of a particular problem. Its amazing
what problems Gary, Dale, Richard, Howard and the rest of the crew can quickly
recognize and correct. But I would never brush
 someone off purposely. I also take pains to be polite to everyone. I'm always
available for a direct call too if someone is not getting what they need to
solve a problem from our support team. I feel very badly that you were left
with this impression from our conversation.

Would it be OK for me to call you on Monday to discuss your problems? If you
are currently unhappy with the state of your current K3, we will gladly
exchange it with a new production K3 with the same options at our cost.

Regards,

Eric   WA6HHQ
---
www.elecraft.com