Scott,

Which Elecraft radio are you using K2, K3, KX3?
Which mode are you using?
Are you driving the audio sufficiently?  With Elecraft gear on digital
modes, you must ignore the "common advice" to set the power to full and
adjust the audio level to get the desired power - that will result in
"power creep" if attempted with Elecraft transceivers - instead set the
audio level to the proper setting and set the power level desired with
the power control knob.
Proper audio levels:
K2 - adjust until you see some ALC in the bargraph and then back off
just until you see none.
K3 and KX3 - drive the ALC meter until you have 4 bars steady with the
5th bar flickering.

73,
Don W3FPR