Hi Don,

I would like to echo Lee's comments. After about 2 years of use my Begali
paddle became what I can only call sluggish when used with my K3. I
contacted Begali and he sent me an abrasive cleaning strip. It differs from
the strip that comes with the paddle. This was thicker and required me to
open up the contact spacing to use it. After cleaning I never had another
problem. That was about 3 years ago.

I suppose it's possible that the tiny resistance that might occur with dirty
contacts causes problems with the K3 keyer but does not cause problems with
the Begali CW machine.

Lee Trout wrote