Vic, K2VCO wrote

> Some Begali keys used an alloy that caused the contacts to act like a
> diode, with a
> constant forward voltage drop. This caused problems with some, but not
> all, keyers,
> including my K2 internal keyer and a Logikey.
>
> Cleaning and Deoxit did not help in this instance. I ordered replacement
> gold contacts for
> my Begali Magnetic Pro (not cheap) which completely solved the problem.

I've experienced the dissimilar metals problem and agree with Vic that
cleaning and DeOxit may only be a temporary fix.  Begali has since stopped
shipping keys with this type of contact but apparently chose to not support
those of us who have the dissimilar metal contacts.

Begali has never even responded to several emails about the problem...very
disappointing after experiencing Elecraft service...shame on you Begali!
I've since relegated my Begali Mono to backup status in favor of an N3ZN
ZN-SL which works perfectly and has a much better tactile feel.

73,  Bill  W4ZV