Interesting idea, and one that has been offered by many. The problem is the weight of the tuner. Weight will be determined by the power handling capabilities, and will be greater at higher powers. Unless the box is for QRP (and maybe even then), the tuner will have significant weight, causing quite a bit of stress on the dipole wires. It might work with an inverted Vee, or a center-supported dipole, but I don't think I would want one for a regular dipole.

However, combine it with open-wire feed from dipole to tuner with the tuner sitting on a support below the dipole (or on the ground), and I suspect I see a winner.