A recent KX3 owner (# 1677), I've noticed hearing out of passband  signals
from loud CW stations. I can hear such stations up to several KHz  away. I
suspect the range is limited by the audio response of the system,  including
my ears. Both sides of zero beat, though less so on the opposite side  of
the zero beat.

In the CA QSO Party this weekend, maybe the loudest 10% of the stations on
10 CW Saturday afternoon were leaking through. (I've heard the leakage on
other  bands as well.)

I don't have any roofing filters. (I figured any stations weak enough  for
me to need the filter to hear, would never be able to hear me anyway).

Is this normal, or is there some shielding or other issue affecting my
unit? (It is a kit version).

73  -  Jim  K8MR