I did some more careful checking this morning, transmitting a few watts on
the FT-1000MP and using a couple of inches of wire as an antenna on the
KX3, on  a quiet 10 meter band. The S-meter on the KX3 was 9+

There is noticeable opposite (lower frequency) side suppression  issues,
but this cuts off at about 900 Hz

On the higher side, I can hear signal to as far as my hearing and/or the
audio chain permit. The most interesting note was that the undesired signal
(high side only) takes a sharp dip or disappears every 50Hz, at .00 or .05
on  the frequency readout.

I'm not sure what to make of all this, but FWIW . . .

73   -  Jim  K8MR

In a message dated 10/8/2012 3:29:37 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,