Thanks to all who have offered their experience and advice, both on and off the
list.
The unanimous opinion is to go with the 64bit Version of Win7. No one has
reported
any problems, either ham-centric or otherwise. This is a good and sufficient
sampling, so seems best to end this thread here and make space for others.
Again,
thanks to members of the list and to Elecraft.

...robert

--
Robert G. Strickland, PhD, ABPH - KE2WY
rc...@verizon.net