Hi,

This was a common complaint in the past. Elecraft engineered a retrofit low pass filter for the RX DSP board which cuts off above 4kHz. Or you can swap out for a replacement DSP board to revision D status where the LPF is fully integrated. You might like to investigate what the status of you K3 is.

Details can be accessed via the Elecraft ordering page.

Regards,

Mike VP8NO