Tapping a button on the KPA500 causes the parameter associated with that button
to be displayed. Try tapping the HV button, you will see the voltage displayed
on the LCD. Tap HV again and you get the previous parameter displayed. Thus
tapping a band button causes the band to be displayed. To illustrate why this
is important, try the following: tap the HV button. The HV will be displayed.
Next tap the CURRENT button. The LCD will change to current. Now tap the
Current button again. The LCD will change to HV, not to the band. At this point
the only way to get to the band is to tap a band button.

Thus this is actually the correct behavior. How would you have it behave
differently? In other words, what would you change to get the behavior you
would like?

Note that when changing the band from the transceiver the LCD will momentarily
display the new band, then will go back to whatever parameter you have selected.

Jack Brindle, W6FB