Hi Guys, my main rig is a K1 feeding a multi dipole for 80/40/20 with no
ATU. I am thinking of taking down the dipoles and trying a full size G5RV.
Questions:

   Will the KAT1 ATU tune up on all bands from 80-15m

   I will be using about 80 feet of 50ohm coax to get from the matching
   section to the rig, am I going to get big losses in the coax due to the
   high SWR on most bands? The beauty of the G5RV is that it can be fed
   with coax but with only 5W I don't want to waste all the power in the
   feeder.

   I intend to build the G5RV myself (like all of my antennas), how
   accurate does the length of the matching section have to be? does it
   need tuning in some way. Can I use any insulated wire for the open wire
   section?

The multi dipoles have been great performers but it's a lot of wire up
there and very heavy, I thought that with the G5RV being one single top
wire it will be lighter and I may be able to get it higher.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Why not take a look at our Web site?
http://www.simoncarves.com

The information in this email and any attachments may contain
privileged and/or confidential information intended solely for
the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed.
If the reader of this email is not the intended addressee, or the
employee or agent responsible to deliver it to the addressee,
me by telephone or email and delete all copies immediately.