What is the difference between the G5RV and the twinlead-fed 102' doublet with a current balun at the coax-to-balanced transition mentioned as an alternative? Is it just the random length of twinlead rather than a calculated length? Or is it a long run of coax vs. a short one?

I know some people with G5RV's advocate a long coax run, but that just adds loss, so I kept mine as short as possible. Mine works ok on the low bands, but poorly on 15m and up. Wouldn't an 80m dipole be even worse, with many more strange lobes?

Leigh / WA5ZNU