I think the K3 (and K2) are fun radios to operate. We've had a K3 at our QRP Field Day for the past two years, and the various operators didn't report any problems that I'm aware of.

Since I made a career in software development, menus are no big deal for me. A well-designed transceiver has the least-needed options built into the menus.

When I look at something like a FTDX-5/9000 or the photos of the upcoming TS-990, what comes to mind with all of the controls is that these are "kitchen sink" radios. In other words, they appear to be designed by engineers who took everyone's wish list and implemented each function via front-panel controls. My question is, how often would the average amateur use many of these functions, if at all?

I think someone counted 140 controls on the TS-990!

73 de Jim - AD6CW