Ray,

Right, but you'd never be aware of the delay unless the monitor was turned on.

73, Bob N7ZO

-----Original Message-----
From: Ray Sills [mailto:raysil...@verizon.net]
Sent: Thursday, February 21, 2013 11:57 AM
To: Wright, Robert
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] [K3] VOX on the K3 - Smooth Voice Controller

Hi Bob:

I don't know what the delay interval is... but remember: sound travels about
1000 feet per second, so a 1 millisecond delay is what you encounter when the
sound source is 1 foot from you.  85 milliseconds is what you would experience
from a source 85 feet away.
Most of the time, we are not bothered by delays of 30 milliseconds or less.

73 de Ray
K2ULR