Hello Bill,

Contact elecraft support should be the right approach.  If there is something
wrong with your P3, repair under warranty is quick and efficiency.

Elecraft support has never let me down.

TNX & 73,

Johnny VR2XMC

________________________________
 寄件人︰ Bill Clarke <b...@w2blc.net>
收件人︰ elecraft@mailman.qth.net
傳送日期︰ 2013年02月28日 (週四) 8:13 PM
主題︰ Re: [Elecraft] P3 - spikes that never move

This morning I removed the entire shack from AC and left only the K3/P3 on
battery and the antennas disconnected. No change on the screen. Bunch of work
for nothing and was exactly what I expected.

Of note: The ghosts vanish when the band is active - covered by the ambient
background noise level. During the day, when the band is "dead," this is not
the case and the spikes can be seen. Remember, I can not tune to them as they
remain in a static location on the scope. Signals move through them as you tune.

Having used other forms of band-scopes over the years (including the great
SM-220) that only displayed what was actually RF on a band, I am convinced this
is something internally generated within the P3. If it was outside of the P3,
it would tune (move when the VFO is moved). Perhaps the P3 is overkill and
does, or is capable of, way more than what a simple band-scope really needs to
do. Such is the day and age of microprocessors - simplicity has been left in
the dust of bells and whistles.

Rather than continue to worry about this, I am just going to accept it as an
anomaly of the P3. It really has no effect other than appearing as signals that
are not really there. Once you know what they are, you won't bother trying to
tune to them. Does this make it right for the $$$? No, of course not, but it is
the easy way out for an old guy that only rag chews on 75 and 40.

Thanks for all the comments,

Bill W2BLC

This list hosted by: http://www.qsl.net/