Hi:

I'm having a problem with my KX3 when I attempt to upload new firmware.

1)    The radio is communicating with the program -- when I test
communications, I get a reply from the utility indicating "KX3 waiting for
firmware upload. RE-232 sped 38400 bit/s" ( pic1
<http://i993.photobucket.com/albums/af58/andyvavra/Case/pic1_zps47e6ea9c.jpg>
).

2)    I have downloaded the latest firmware files from the Elecraft website
and placed them in the default folder.

3)    When I attempt the check versions however, the utility is not reading
the firmware installed in the KX3 and the options to send firmware remain
greyed-out. ( pic2
<http://i993.photobucket.com/albums/af58/andyvavra/Case/pic2_zpsa118b9c0.jpg>
)

4)    I have uninstalled and reinstalled the KX3 Utility.  I am running
version 1.12.8.11 and my operating system is Windows 7.

5)    When I check the FW REVS directly in the KX3 using the menu function,
it tells me that I have firmware uC 01.36 installed.

I am hesitant to to a hard reset of the KX3 out of concern that I may not be
able to reload new firmware if the program and radio aren't correctly
communicating.

Except for this problem loading firmware, the radio appears to be
functioning correctly.

Has anyone else experienced this problem, and what actions did you take to
correct it?

Thanks.

-- Andy Vavra KD3RF/VE2DXY