Sent: Wednesday, April 03, 2013 11:59 AM
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: [Elecraft] Need information

Hi All,

I am new to this list. I do not at present have a K3, although I did build a kit several years ago. Shortly after I built it I had to sell it. I did not use CW at that time.

I acquired an Icom 7600 which I still have. I have become addicted to CW lately. If you go to my QRZ page you will see t he antenna that I have to use here at the retirement center where we live. I have been using mostly PSK until lately and I can reach into Canada and down into Mexico (a far cry from the 50 foot tower I sued to have). But it wlrks and keeps me interested.

My question is: Is there anyone that used to have a 7600 and now has a K3? How do they compare? I am having a problem with reception of CW. It could be the antenna, but I am noticing when I try to use reverse beacons that I don't get any hits. I am TX at about 50 watts. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance. The more that I read about the K3 the better I like it.

Dick, N5XRD