On 5/1/2013 7:38 PM, Gerald Manthey wrote:
Can the KPA500 handle more than 1000 watts? Say like 1100 to 1500?

Yes, for SWR of about 3:1 or better, it's good for USA legal limit. I'm running two KAT500s with Ten Tec Titan 425 legal limit amps into antennas that don't need a lot of tuning. The thing you must be careful of (and get RIGHT) is that your power amp is bypassed while the KAT500 is tuning. If the amp cannot be forced into bypass mode by interrupting PTT (my Titans cannot), you must do that manually (and I do).

73, Jim K9YC