Its important to understand that KAT500 operation outside of the specified power limits is not covered by the warranty should something get damaged. We set these specifications with some safety margin to assure that the ATU will not become damaged in normal operation.

While it may work at higher powers, one does so at your own risk.

73,

Eric
elecraft.com