I think a preamp with the K3 is an absolute necessity out here in Southern
California with a small six element antenna for 6m. I use one both the PR6 and
the Collins Laboratory preamp I purchased from Dr Jack Smith. Both work great.

Btw, I have not heard before anyone on the east coast refer to their location
as a black hole for 6m.  This is definitely a first for me.  When you live in
Southern California and you get the chance to DX to Europe about one or two
days every decade.

Keith
AK6ZZ

Sent from my iPhone please excuse typos