I'm a CW op, I'm baffled by the comments critical of the K3 NR, APF and notch filter.

The NR generally removes ALL random noise, meaning that the rcvr is silent in the absence of signals. Admittedly, It does get a little upset in the presence of
many strong signals, so I usually turn  it off in pileups.

The notch filter can be tuned manually to silence one interfering CW signal. The APF is a bit tricky, you need to use fine tuning [ 3 digits after the VFO decimal point], tune SLOWWLLY and listen for the weak signal to pop out of the noise. But pop out it does.

Eric VA7DZ

--
"BC is a prosperous, well-regulated place featuring Socialized Medicine,
bilingual highway signs and Mounties."

   --Neal Stephenson, American novelist

believed to be clean.