Bob,

The old reliable Astron 35 is a very good linear supply - I do not have the metered version, and mine sits quietly on the floor under the desk, no need to look at meters there.

I also have an Astron SS30 which does a great job at the workbench. Again no need for meters, and even though a switcher, I have not found any switching noise created in the ham bands.

As backups, I have an MFJ 25 amp switching supply and an Alinco 340M linear - the advantages of those supplies is that the output voltage is front panel adjustable. No noticeable noise from the switcher and the current is more than sufficient for the K3/100.

If you have other accessories, you might want to look at a 35 amp supply, but 20 or 25 amps is all that is needed for the K3.

73,
Don W3FPR