From: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net
[mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of Poul Erik Karlshøj
(PKA)
Sent: 31 December 2013 10:03
To: Rick Dettinger; g...@ka1j.com
Cc: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] Shipping a K3

Please be aware, if you are from outside the US,  when sending Elecraft
equipment for repair *including warranty repair* you will have to pay for
the return shipping.

For European hams, Elecraft is offering the option to have faulty equipment
repaired by a partner in Italy.
However, unlike your American ham friends, for warranty repair you will be
requested also to pay for the return shipping - also if you choose to have
the faulty Elecraft gear  repaired "locally" in Europe.
It may be that the same applies to other ham-radio manufacturers. But we got
used to get a better service from Elecraft than from the others. Concerning
shipping that's however not the case.

In my job I have over the years  sent professional equipment for warranty
repair both in the US and in Canada, and I believe those companies did pay
for the return shipping without asking.

I earlier - in this forum - have asked for a comment from Elecraft to this
service related issue, but Elecraft decided not to comment (hopefully they
will do now).

73 and best wishes for everybody in 2014
OZ4UN
Poul-Erik
K2/100, K3/100, KPA500 (for warranty  repair!), KAT500