Let's let this thread rest for now in the interest of reducing list email overload for others.

[Thread closed]

73 and have a great new year!

Eric
List Moderator, among other things..
elecraft.com

On 12/31/2013 3:45 PM, Don Wilhelm wrote:
Bob,

Many who ship USPS do not use Priority Mail Flat Rate because often it is more expensive than regular Priority Mail.

If the item is heavy, or the distance is far, then flat rate will provide an advantage, but that is not universally true.

I check the USPS shipping rates when packaging and give my customers the lowest price available, whether that be Flat Rate or regular Priority Mail. Most items I ship fit into a Large Flat Rate box, but for light weight items (K1s and KX1s) along with nearby shipping addresses, it is usually less expensive to use regular USPS Priority Mail.

I am a small shipper, so I can afford the time and effort to compare prices. Elecraft OTOH ships enough in one day that it is not practical to compare prices for each USPS shipment, so they just choose regular Priority Mail. I would do the same if I had volume shipments.

73,
Don W3FPR