Thanks, Jim.  Many of us will benefit from your thoughts.  When the
time comes to make a permanent installation with the KXPA100, I'll be
sure and re-read your email.

I already have the KX3 set up in the mobile.  It is working fine, but
antenna efficiency isn't very good with the Hustler type.  The amp
will give a good boost to output.  Receiving is already pretty good
due to the KX3's performance.

73,
matt W6NIA