From: Matt Zilmer <mzil...@roadrunner.com>
To: Phil Hystad <phys...@mac.com>
Cc: Elecraft Reflector <Elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] KXPA100 Mobile Operations -- Power Output

I've started testing the KX3/KXPA100 mobile configuration, but don't
have all the cabling in yet and it's not permanent.  This KXPA100 has
the ATU.  Antennas are Hustler on a custom vehicle mount.

The vehicle is a Honda Civic with a standard 12V electrical system.
Not seeing any issues with this particular setup.  Wiring to the
KXPA100 is 8 AWG, with two "transfers" to APPs at a relay enclosure
for power control in the trunk.  The source is the Civic's battery.
The KXPA is located in the trunk.

With the engine running, I am getting 100W.  During key down at full
power, measured voltage at the amp is showing 12.2V or more (depends
on whether the regulator decides it's battery charge time, I suspect).

With the engine off, I get between 11.4 and 11.8V at the amp with
power set at 60W or below.  Ymmv, because it would depend on the
battery's state of charge and any other loads on it.  I've run the
KXPA as high as 60W with battery-only, but I'm still in a test phase
and waiting on cabling to arrive.

73,
matt W6NIA

73, Ed - KL7UW