Hello,
I'm playing with the serial commands for the W2 wattmeter.
First question, how often can I poll it? My main loop polls for status,
forward, reverse and swr, then waits for a keypress for 0.2 seconds.
Is it safe to reduce to 0.1 s?
Then, in the output of the 'i' command, bytes 2 and 8 seem to have the
same info, except that 8 also tells me if there's no sensor connected at
all. So, what's the purpose of byte 2?
The manual says that command 'c' would respond with 'c;' if alarm was
not active. Instead, I only get ';'. Looks like a bug in the manual?
Sometimes, one single 'c' is not enough to clear the alarm, I have to
repeat the command.
And about the alarm, the owner's manual says:
"The SWR Alarm function must be enabled each time the W2 power is turned
on."
Instead, I see that it starts in Alarm ON mode. I can see this by
tripping it, and also the first 'a' command will report 'a0', which
means the alarm has been deactivated. Am I misunderstanding the manual?

Thanks

Pf

--
Pierfrancesco Caci, ik5pvx