On Mon, 24 Feb 2014 12:43:56 +1000, Wayne Burdick <n...@elecraft.com> wrote:

My first K3 (which had every option but the KRX3 fitted) I owned used to regularly go to over 50 degrees C on the FP temperature with no ill effects and on more than a couple of occasions it went to over 65 degrees, it then shut down due to the heat. (I live in Tropical North Queensland and my shack is a non A/C 20' container with a coupla windows cut into it.)

--
Jeff Cochrane - VK4XA
East Innisfail

I've seen it get as high as 40 C on a really hot day. This won't hurt anything.

73,
Wayne
N6KR