 From: Phil Hystad <phys...@mac.com>
To: elecraft <Elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Sent: Wednesday, February 26, 2014 12:08 PM
Subject: [Elecraft] Advice on 6 meters...

I have seen some comments recently about six meters and I have never operated
six meters.  I don't really have a descent antenna for six meters, just my
80-meter (ladder line fed) dipole or my hex beam that I can at least tune to
six meters.

The band is always dead quiet with the small exception of some noise spikes
here and there but very rare.

Question:  is there any activity for six meters that I should invest in a nice
multi-element 6 meter bean antenna?

My most dominant operating mode would be CW but maybe some SSB from time to
time.  I have no idea what's there as this band has always been blank to me.

73, phil, K7PEH