I am a huge fan of 6m and 6m DXing but the fact is that a lot depends on
geography where you live like on top of a mountain or in a valley, antenna and
QTH.

On the west coast we have far fewer openings than elsewhere in the US
especially east and southeast coasts. PNW and north Midwest even fewer still.
The band is about patience this side of the country. So don't overspend on 6m
out west. When I got the 6m bug I spent a lot of money on a stack of large 6m
antennas and discovered that when the band is open a more modest antenna will
suffice even with 6m DX openings.

If I Iived in the northeast or even Texas or Florida I would probably put up
something bigger because you will have 4-5x more opportunities and openings to
use it there than out here.

Is the band worth investing in? The answer is a resounding yes but invest
wisely and you will be happy. Also one other point, for us worker bees out west
the band opens always when you are at work or busy with family. When you sit
down in front of the radio the band almost never opens.

Good luck!

Keith
AK6ZZ

Sent from my iPhone please excuse typos