My K2/100 and KAT100 are working fine with the specified cables, Don.

What is "the special cable to connect to the computer or a serial adapter"? Is it documented in the KPA100 manual? Sorta buried in another project just now, with an antenna distraction too, so I've not looked it up. Just noticed lots of stuff at Elecraft website re computer control of the K2 so I wondered idly how that can be done.

73, Phil