 From: Doug Person <k0...@aol.com>
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Sent: Friday, March 28, 2014 12:38 PM
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] USB to Serial Ports adapter: a product test

I did the exact same thing for Baofeng radios.  I just converted the
programming cable to a serial cable.  The counterfeit chips are a
/serious/ problem.  You will be hard-pressed to find a new computer with
"real" serial ports in them.  So, Serial to USB conversion is an ongoing
necessity.

Doug -- K0DXV

Message delivered to wrco...@yahoo.com