This echoes my method of entry into the Elecraft line exactly. Two nearby K3
owners responded and I met them both since they lived within blocks of each
other. I arrived with specific questions and characteristics that I was
hoping to see demonstrated and I suggest others do this as well if they are
contemplating meeting someone and seeing their station.

That was 5 years ago and I don't regret my decision in buying a K3.

John AE5X

http://www.ae5x.com/blog

>When I was considering a K3, I asked for volunteers on the Elecraft e-mail
list to host a visit for me to try a K3 up close.  I got dozens of replies
>and visited three different guys who had K3s -- even though after playing
with the first K3 on my first visit I was sold.  I ordered my K3 about a
week >later after I figured out exactly what I wanted to order.