On Wed, 21 Dec 2005, Vic K2VCO wrote:

Some old-timers may remember the "banana-boat swing" in which a bug is adjusted to produce very fast dits relative to the sending speed. The operator usually sends more dits than necessary, although I think there is some relationship between the number of dits sent and the number required. Well, this is *easier* to copy than CW with lousy spacing!

To forestall the inevitable comments, yes I know that the banana boat swing differs from the Lake Erie swing, in which the proper quantity of dits is used.

Now that strikes me a worthwhile addition to the K2 keyer....an option for which swing you want.

Another one might be a seperate weighting factor for the dashes....you know
Dahhhhhhhhhdidahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhdi dahhhhhhhhhhhh dahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh dit dahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I tried to do it with the K2...very frustrating indeed.

73,Thom-k3hrn
www.zerobeat.net Home of QRP Web Ring, Drakelist home page,Drake Web Ring,
Free Classified Ads for amateur radio, QRP IRC channel, Drake IRC Channel,
Elecraft Owners Database
www.tlchost.net/hosting/  ***  Web Hosting as low as 3.49/month