On 2014-08-14 9:00 PM, Jim N7US wrote:
I connected an A/B switchbox to switch the radio between the MKII and
a serial port on the computer (or an Edgeport US/serial box).

As did I ... COM1 on the motherboard goes to a 4 port switch.  Two of
the ports go to two ports switches on each K3/P3.  The third port goes
to the cable for the XG3 and the fourth port goes to a AA5AU style
CW/PTT/FSK interface for general testing.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV