On 11/13/2014 4:10 PM, Jim Brown wrote:

The reason the KAT500 is misbehaving is that it is a high power antenna
tuner. Last I looked, 10W was the minimum power for tuning. That's why
Gary advised you to take it out of Auto mode once you've trained it with
higher power and stored settings.

Mine wants to see a tune power of 20 - 25W for reliable tuning. I "trained it" on each segment, and normally run it in MAN mode. It recalls the settings almost instantly. Only annoyance for me is when it rains, the window-line changes characteristics just a little. California is in a deep drought however, so rain is scarce and this is a problem with *my* antenna system, not the KAT500.

73,

Fred K6DGW
- Northern California Contest Club
- CU in the 50th Running of the 2015 Cal QSO Party 3-4 Oct 2015
- www.cqp.org