      From: Ken <wa8...@gmail.com>
 To: k6...@foothill.net
Cc: elecraft <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
 Sent: Monday, December 1, 2014 6:33 PM
 Subject: Re: [Elecraft] Getting Started With CW

Ah ah!  So THAT (Farnsworth) is the source of the horrible CW I hear (fast
characters with excess spacing!)

Sorry but I will disagree with that approach.  It teaches plain bad CW.
(Okay, when I went to school they didn’t have to teach the alphabet with silly
bellies and stuff either.  We learned to read the English language, not
pictures and so we were able to progress beyond picture books and
hieroglyphics.  Dumbing down elementary teaching has been a disaster and I
think dumbing down CW is in the same category.)

I learned CW by myself without any crutches.  Sorry but I never noticed a 10wpm
barrier either, it took me 4 months as a novice and 328 on the air QSOs to pass
my General ticket (13wpm in front of an FCC examiner.)  I think it is totally
hilarious that you mention a “conspiracy by the FCC” to prevent people from
getting a General class ticket back when most hams had General class tickets!

Ken WA8JXM

Message delivered to wrco...@yahoo.com