First of all, thanks to all those that offered advice - much appreciated.

Well, after much deliberation (reading this mail archive & Eham reviews etc) I
decided
to put away the solder wick and purchase a Hakko 808. I tried it out on some
discarded pcb's ( where I had previously used solder wick) and all I can say is
that its
probably the best tool purchase I've made. Full of confidence I tackled the K3
relay
and a few seconds later it came away from the board as clean as you like -
wonderful!!

Its expensive to buy in the UK, and if you're a careful builder it might not
see a lot of
immediate use, but for those occasions when mistakes do occur or you need to
rework
the K2 to install mods etc it looks like being invaluable.

73 to all
Trevor  G0KTN