Situation awareness is the perception of environmental elements with respect to time or space, the comprehension of their meaning, and the projection of their status after some variable has changed, such as time, or some other variable, such as a predetermined event. I guess we need more situational awareness. How we get there is up for debate. And we digress.

When in SPLIT, the K3 already displays the Delta f LED, The SPLIT icon, and the TX arrow points to the B VFO. Configuring the DELTA-F LED to "FLASH" may, or may not, create more awareness, it just depends on the operator.

I suggested CONFIG: DELTA-F LED (nor or FLASH) as a solution to those that need another "flag" to indicate SPLIT. If you don't want it, you wouldn't have to configure it.

It should not be necessary to display a message that constitutes a warning in a normal operating mode. Having three indicators when split should be enough, but we know that the size of the K3 also dictates a small display. That display has a lot of information on it, sometimes you have to look closely to see what is really going on. Maybe the P3 or a computer screen has become a more popular thing to look at, especially with DX and contesting.

Since the objective is to easily determine or verify the transmit frequency with SPLIT, RIT, and XIT ops, maybe a CONFIG option could enable the Transmit frequency (in this case, VFO B) to flash three times on key down, but only when operating SPLIT, RIT, and XIT.

I propose CONFIG: Tx FREQ (nor or FLASH).

The K3 will never fix an operator that doesn't know what split is, or when to use it. We also can't fix an operator that doesn't know how to use his radio. It may be helpful to have a larger indicator to help an experienced operator that is familiar with his radio to easily determine the frequency of the transmitter, and also to quickly recover from an unintended push of a button or other mistake.

73,

Dwayne WV5I