Be aware that this can be a huge problem when dealing with support or asking for help, or even when someone walks up to your radio and theirs works differently.

I don't have a strong opinion either way, but I can see flaws in all of the suggestions.

For example, blinking a LED when transmitting means the operator has to notice that the LED isn't blinking and should be.

Warning that you aren't operating "split" is an annoyance if you aren't working a DX station running splits.

-- Lynn