On 2015-02-19 8:14 AM, Don Wilhelm wrote:
What would be wrong with displaying the transmit VFO in the larger
upper frequency display area (even if it is also displayed in the
smaller frequency display area). The result is a blinking display
when SPLIT or XIT is engaged.

The upper display as labeled VFO A [A].  Displaying VFO B in that space
is incorrect and also means that the operator can not see where VFO A
is set.

The K2 is a single receiver transceiver and the display shows the
operating frequency (currently selected frequency).  The K3 is a dual
receiver transceiver and shows the frequencies of each receiver [VFO].
That is consistent with the differences between single and dual RX
transceivers across the board.

BTW, the K3 *already* changes the VFO A display when switching between
RX and TX when RIT or XIT is in use.  In other words, the VFO A display
correctly shows the current frequency of VFO A.

Wayne, for those who need an "in your face" display, I *like* flashing
the VFO being used for transmit.  I think it could even blink slowly
in receive - so there would be *no doubt* where the K3 will transmit.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV