      From: Kevin Stover <kevin.sto...@mediacombb.net>
 To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
 Sent: Tuesday, March 10, 2015 9:04 AM
 Subject: Re: [Elecraft] TS-990

The plain and simple fact is that if you have a Flex you are dependent
on the computer you are running.
Computer breaks, and of course they do, your off the air. SIMPLE.
I read the minimum requirements to run the 6000 series. Half of the PC's
in use by Hams won't cut it.

Minimum, Windows Vista SP2, Dual Core 64 bit processor, Video card 256
MB memory, Direct X 10 or higher ,Net 4.0 or higher. Those are minimums.
You can probably run SmartSDR with that but if it's like most software
it will run like crap on it's minimum requirements.

SDR's like the K3 aren't dependent on any other piece of hardware or
software.
You can run it and it will perform well without ever being hooked up to
a PC.

--
R. Kevin Stover
AC0H