First a disclaimer: I don't own a Flex radio (and it is a radio) The closest I've come is using an LP Pan on the i-f output of a K3, which I do own.

But this argument is simply nonsense. If the radio breaks---they actually do you know---you're (note spelling) off the air too.

And try as I might, I can't see Internet spots on my K3, nor can I use it to keep my banking records, write email, do antenna modeling, etc. For this I still need a computer. And believe it or not, that same computer is connected to my K3 and I would be lost without it. I don't want to go back to my BC-342 and crystal-controlled 6L6, which some still think are the only "real" radios. Time marches on...try to keep up.

Wes  N7WS